Letter to Phoebe- Nine Months


Dear Phoebe, 

It's been quite clear for a while now that you warm to men quicker than you do women. The wide and knowing smile you so readily have for all the men in your life (and when I think of them all, wow, you really do have a few!) always leaves me grinning and shaking my head. You are an absolute flirt. 

Your Dad and Leo are, of course, natural favourites and the love shared between you and each of them is palpable. Lately I've enjoyed our shared morning teas while Dad is at work. I usually sit between you and Leo while we eat then move my chair back and simply watch as you two exchanges cheeky grins and try to out do each other's wacky noises. It always ends in giggles and you rocking a little too enthusiastically back and forth in your high chair.

You both love to play in your cot and recently when I was struggling to get Leo to take his midday nap, I suggested he spend some time with you since you weren't sleeping either. He climbed in and I was promptly told to leave and close the door. I reluctantly did as I was told but left the door ajar so I could keep an ear out for any trouble. I needn't have worried because all I heard was laughter in between Leo reading you a story.  

Perhaps not surprisingly you became aware of your Dad earlier than Leo did. Believe me when I tell you it has melted his heart. You search for his gaze when he enters a room, kick your legs in excitement when he greets you of a morning and do all that you can at the dining table to hold his attention. For a moment I am completely forgotten because all you see is him.

The happy and contented sighs that escape you when you are with your Dad and Leo are proof that you know just how loved you are. 

Happy Nine Months, Phoebe.

Love Mum xx


Comments

Popular Posts