Leo's First Year

There are some really creative ways to document family life these days. While many of the ideas are super cute (a friend recently sent me this picture if Littlest is a girl) I can't help but think of the work involved or that this would happen. Also at the back of my mind is the question, "Would I do this for the third (or fourth) child?" If my answer isn't yes, then I won't pursue it.

When it came to documenting Leo's first year, I set my sights on a simple task that I could chip away at during the year. I decided on a printed photo book, a modern take on the humble photo album.

We used Momento to make our wedding album so I didn't hesitate using their free-to-download program again. While they are a little more expensive than other online photo printing services, the quality of their production can't be beat and the cost-per-page worked out better for the size of Leo's book which was 150 pages.

As I mentioned in this post, I wrote a letter to Leo each month after his birth for the first twelve months as a continuation of the pregnancy journal I kept. I decided to include the letters in Leo's book as a way to break up the photos since not every one was captioned or had a story accompanying them.

While it sometimes felt like I'd never get the book finished and there were months where I didn't open the file and do any work on it, I am so glad I persisted and saw it to completion. It arrived on Monday, earlier than expected, and I couldn't be happier with it!

Below are some pictures of it, if you'd like to see. 














Comments

Popular Posts