Letter to Phoebe- Seven Months




Dear Phoebe, 

Tomorrow you will be seven months. This past month has been absolutely full to bursting with exciting milestones and lovely moments. I don't even know where to begin!

At exactly six months you finally mastered crawling. I like to think you planned it like that. What better way to celebrate your half birthday, hey? While I was busy applauding your efforts, you were looking to bigger and better things. The following week, you pulled yourself up to standing! I was not ready for that! You've spent every day since crawling around the house to find furniture that is the right height for you to pull yourself up on. You're so pleased with yourself! I'm just amazed and impressed and can't help thinking it won't be long until you're off chasing your brother down the hall!

I have a favourite memory of you and Leo from this month. He had been a little cheeky and was desperate to be with you in your cot. I'd had enough and thought maybe this might be what diffuses the situation. Well, it certainly worked. I was told, "Mummy, go. Shut the door." So I did, with only mild hesitation. I was folding laundry in the lounge room, listening intently for any sign that Leo was being rough but all I heard was laughter. From both of you. When I quietly opened the door to peak on you both, I was promptly told, again, "Mummy, go. Shut the door." I did what I was told though I desperately wanted to stay and watch you both. I realised in that moment that you will have a very different relationship with Leo than with your Dad and I and just how special that is. What jokes and secrets will you two share? What memories will you hold most dear of one another. How precious it is to be a sister, Phoebe and how wonderful it is to have an older brother. Trust me. 

During this past month I noticed that you can now sit up unassisted. I don't quite remember when you started doing that, or if there was even a progression to it, but you can do it and always look rather pleased with yourself when you do. And while they're yet to come through, you've got teeth well and truly on the way! Fortunately they haven't caused you much pain but there's been plenty of gnawing on fingers, (yours and mine, you're not picky).

You've taken to self-feeding much sooner than I expected and a little to my frustration, if I'm honest. You just won't let me feed you and insist on doing it yourself. Fine then. I think we'll be skipping the puree` and going straight to finger food. It'll be a learning experience for both of us!

I told you this month was a big one! 

All the love, 
Mum xx


Comments

Popular Posts