Leo meets Littlest

I had been looking forward to this moment all pregnancy, Leo meeting Littlest (Phoebe) for the very first time. It could not have gone better and it could not have warmed this mumma's heart more. The very best start to Christmas Eve. 

A blurry phone picture but I love it.
My guys.
I love Leo's gaze in this photo. 
Leo wanted to hold Phoebe himself. 
Kisses for Phoebe.
"Bebe," now we're trying to encourage, "Phoebe." 
He has never minded her crying.

Two favourite memories from our brief hospital stay:

When Joel arrived with Leo and my Mum, I couldn't help but notice how well dressed he was. When I asked him why he said, "Well, I was coming to see my daughter." Joel would be super embarrassed my sharing that but isn't it the loveliest thing? I'll always remember that.

Because Leo could only spend so long up at the hospital before getting restless, I had the middle of the day to myself with Phoebe. While she napped on my chest I ate lunch and played some music on my phone, (we had a room to ourselves). This was the first song Phoebe heard outside the womb. 


We were discharged in the late afternoon and it was so special to bring our baby girl home on Christmas Eve.
In the end our wish was granted, Christmas at home with our two little loves resting in our arms.

Comments

Popular Posts