It's Starting to Look a lot Like Christmas




Christmas decorations went up about two weeks ago. Yes, they go up early in this house. No waiting for December 1. For Orthodox Christians, preparations for Nativity (Christmas) begin six weeks before December 25 so I take that as an invitation to pull out the decorations and transform the house a little earlier than some might deem appropriate. 

It's especially exciting this year because, not only are we anticipating the birth of our second child, but also, this is the first year we will be celebrating Christmas at home. It's the first time we have a proper tree too. Joel thought it was time so off Leo and I went to pick up supplies. 

I loved putting up our tree and decorating it. Leo loves pointing to the star, smelling the tree (despite it being fake) and touching the tinsel and baubles. I think we may just have to make every second year a Christmas at home. 


The tree looks its prettiest in the morning as it catches the light




Stockings ready for St Nicholas' Feast Day December 6





 


The only thing that's missing is a Nativity scene. I've been on the hunt for years but am yet to see 'the one,' although these come pretty close and have the bonus of being relatively child friendly.

I like this one and this one but Joel isn't convinced. I wonder what he thinks of this new one though.

Any recommendations?

Also, I'm totally stealing this idea to use with our stocking advent calendar next time we have Christmas at home.

Comments

Popular Posts