A Boy and His Cat



Is there anything sweeter than watching the relationship between a child and their pet? I can't think of much that matches it. Leo loves Hector and lately it's been all he can do to snuggle in as close as possible while Hector lounges and naps (or at least tries to). Despite our best efforts to persuade him not to, Leo will still stir Hector every now and then and Joel and I are constantly amazed at Hector's tolerance of this little tornado. What little boy isn't curious to test the patience of a cat though?

There have been scratches and tears along the way but to his credit, Leo seems to know that he's deserved them. He has a deep affection for Hector and that's plain to see despite his teasing. Often if I can't hear Leo I'll wander around the house or step outside and find him following Hector, patting him gently or cheering as Hector climbs a tree or the fence. 

My heart swelled one afternoon recently as I watched Hector slink off to the front yard with Leo close behind.  It was painfully cute. In Leo's mind, they're best buds and it's these scenes that reassure me Leo is going to wholeheartedly enjoy his new role as 'big brother.' 







Comments

Popular Posts