Mid Term


Since we're into the latter half of the term I thought I would give an update as to how I'm going since this post.

As expected, Morning Time with Leo has happened some days and not others, especially when there's been errands to run. Lately, we've been spending a lot of mornings out on the front patio and this has been a nice time for me to sit and read (either for my own leisure or aloud to Leo) and for us to simply enjoy one another's company. Leo doesn't necessarily want to play with someone all the time but he's happy to see a smiling face when he looks up from whatever he's doing. The time we've spent out the front has also forced me to slow down. I can feel a shift happening and have been far less anxious if things are left undone at the day's end. I know that in a few short months, life is going to become a whole lot slower and I'll consider the day productive if the dishes are done and little tummies have been filled. 

Working through my list of chores for around the house is going well. I couldn't recommend the 15 minute rule approach more. While some chores have obviously taken longer and there's been days I've skipped, I've really only the kitchen and cleaning all the windows left. Big jobs, but easily achieved with someone to watch Leo. Because I was well on track I ended up adding downstairs (which I wasn't planning to) and the back veranda to the list. So far I've done one dump trip, two Vinnies drops and one furniture give away. It feels good to walk into a room and know that everything in it serves a purpose or is wanted. During all this cleaning and de-cluttering, it's been especially cute to see Leo take a tissue and 'clean' like Mummy and I'm glad there's a positive association with ordinary but necessary chores.

Now I'm starting to think about my focus for next term and naturally, with Littlest due to arrive around Christmas, my thoughts turn to food. I am thinking I need to begin with consolidating all our loose recipes (those we've cut out, handwritten and printed off) and then I'd like to make a go-to list of easy to prepare meals for those nights when neither of us will feel like cooking. Like I did before Leo's arrival, I'll aim to spend time cooking and freezing meals. I'm also thinking I'll do some extra food prep for Leo to ensure he'll still enjoy nutritious meals, even when we're perusing a take away menu ;)

If you have any easy go-to meals or freezer friendly meals suitable for the Summer months, I'd love to hear about them! 

Comments

Popular Posts