Winter Holidays


Well, that was an unintentional blogging break. And now school holidays have come to an end. While we knew these holidays would be a busy one, we weren't counting on falling ill during the first week and spending the better part of the second week recovering. A holiday is still a holiday though and this one brought the marriage of two very dear friends - a definite highlight. As always, we visited family and spent time at my parents' house often doing nothing in particular.

While I had plans to practise my photography and continue writing here, it just didn't happen. I charged my camera before we left so I wouldn't have to pack the charger but somewhere along the line I left my camera 'on' and the battery drained.

So I have no pictures of pretty things in my parents garden, no pictures of Leo playing with his Pappy, giggling with his Mimi, or smiling at the top of the stairs when Uncle Gus arrived home from work. I didn't take any pictures of Nana lifting Leo up and down on the water feature outside the shopping centre, or Leo watching his Granddad with such concentration as he sipped his coffee. There's no pictures of Leo cuddling his Nana and Papa, delighting in (read: scaring) their dog, or playing with his cousin. While I was initially disappointed, I know that I really couldn't have captured all those little moments well enough anyway. They were unexpected and delightful and it was far better to just sit back and enjoy them as they happened.

So here I sit typing, the holidays drawing to a close and I've nothing to show for these past two weeks but a heart that is full. That will do quite nicely. 

Comments

Popular Posts