New Baby, New Car


A few weeks ago, we said goodbye to our beloved Carina Corolla (yes, we name our cars here). It was my very first car so I was little sad to see it go. I remember driving it home from exam block in year 12, getting a parking ticket (or two) at uni, packing it full of my belongings and driving to Gympie shortly after Joel and I were married, and bringing our new babe home from the hospital. While it served us well and held many happy memories, it was time for something a little more 'expanding family friendly.' 

Enter Storm (AKA a Mazda CX5). She's perfect and such a dream to drive. We've already taken her to Brisbane and Warwick and both trips were incredibly comfortable. Leo loves the new car too, we think because he's high up and can better see the world passing by his window. When we're outside he'll often go straight for the handle and pout when it doesn't open for him. I have to apologise that we don't have anywhere to go (although I'm quite happy to nip out somewhere, just to drive it again). 

I've never been one to get sentimental or excited about cars but having gone through the process myself, I can see the fuss. 

Here's to new wheels and new adventures!



Sidenote: If you happen to be shopping around for a new car and in the Sunshine Coast area, I'd highly recommend the team at Madill Mazda Gympie. They were friendly, helpful and professional and always did their best to ensure that we were satisfied with the process throughout its duration. #notasponsoredpost

Comments

  1. I always get sentimental about my cars. And I even get sentimental when I see a car on the road that I used to own. Even though that specific car is not mine. It brings back tons of memories. But I suppose what makes the biggest difference is how much time you end spending in the car for road trips.

    Damion @ Jacky Jones Lincoln

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are like me, you want a new car and you count the minutes until you are in and out of that dealership behind the wheel of your car. I Can be a little impatient at the dealer, so rather than stress myself out, I arrived at 8pm when they close at 9pm, and I was out the door in an hour with my new vehicle wrapped around my fingers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts