The Old Family Barbecue








Whenever we visit my parents' house I like to wander around the backyard and take photos. They keep a lovely garden and I always enjoy photographing it. Since I was feeling like I had taken plenty of photos of their flowers, this visit my eyes turned to the old barbecue for inspiration.

It hasn't been used in years but it's a piece of our family history all the same. Many Sunday lunches were cooked out here and enjoyed. I remember watching in awe as the flame would engulf the old newspapers, pine cones and sticks. What is it about fires that are so enchanting? As kids, my older brother and I used to hold twigs in the fire until they caught light. We'd then hold the twig and watch the small flame travel as far down to our fingers as we could stand it.

While it's certainly seen better days I was glad to be able to photograph our old family barbecue in all it's decrepit glory.

Comments

Popular Posts