A Favourite Corner


I finally got around to decorating Phoebe's room last week. For too long it had just been a room with a cot, change table and chair. Now it actually feels like a little girl's room, complete with homemade treasures and little things from my own childhood. It's fast become a favourite corner of home.

More pictures below, if you'd like to see.  



Posy girl from Threadfolk (I made her!) and a tatting/tatted (?) cross gifted at Phoebe's Baptism. 


Doily bunting made by my Mum before Phoebe was born. 


A vintage ladder which was mine. My Mum and Grandma found it at the Paddington Antique Centre.


Clarissa Bear. Mine from childhood. 


What's a girls' room without some Shirley Barber and Madeline stories?


The doll was handmade by my Mum from the offcut material of clothes I wore as a girl.


I'm so proud of this. 


A gorgeous print from Phoebe's Godmother gifted on her Patron Saints' Day, along with her Baptismal candle.


Also, the woodland style painting in the first picture is by our Priest's mother and the goose cross stitch was made by my Mum and used to hang in my room as a child. So much love in one little corner! Leo has been telling me, "I like this," whenever we're all in Phoebe's room so I suppose I need to curate some manly prettiness in his room a little bit. 

Comments

Popular Posts