Letter to Phoebe- Eight Months



Dear Phoebe, 

Today you are eight months old. Where has the time gone, sweet girl?

Your little personality has positively blossomed this past month. There's been plenty of smiles, laughter and 'talking,' all of which leaves me just gushing about how wonderful it is to have you in our family. 

When I reflect on the month that's been, what I remember most is you teething. You've handled it so well, proving yourself to be one tough little cookie! What quickly started as one tooth cutting, fast became two, then three, then four and now there's a fifth tooth on its way. If it wasn't for the constant gnawing you'd have never known. The gnawing though, has been constant and not just fingers and toys. You've gnawed on chairs, drawers and door handles. Once you were crawling around the kitchen while Leo and I sat at the table drawing when we both heard a "funny noise." Finding you I saw that you had started gnawing on the metal door hinge! I fast put an end to that, if for the sound alone! It hasn't stoped you of course as you continue to find various household objects (read: contraband) to gnaw on. 

This month you've been making a lot of different noises too. While we've not been huge fans of the high pitched squealing during mealtime, we've certainly enjoyed your hilarious guttural sounds. They sound like a cross between trying to clear your throat and laughing. I wish I could do a good impression of it. It makes me smile every time.  

Another sound you've been making, or rather a word you have been saying, is 'Mumumumumum.' Just like that. I'm claiming it as your first word. Next up, learning Daddy and Leo!

You've also graduated to the 'big bath' as Leo calls it. You love bath time and I think have especially enjoyed having a little more room to move around in. Sometimes I give you a bath before Leo so you can splash away in peace- you LOVE it! Other times though, I throw you both in together and what ensues can only be described as wet and happy chaos. Although the water seems to soak everything but yourselves, I haven't tired of watching my two favourite little people splash around together. 

Yours and Leo's relationship has been beautiful to witness. You really are two peas in a pod. While you both enjoy time on your own you do love each other's company. I've noticed that Leo elicits a particular kind of laugh from you that no one else has yet to match. How special is that! I love watching him take such care as he pushes you around in the pink bike, share his toys and ask after you when you're napping. It makes up for all the times he's been a little too rough. 

What a perfectly ordinary and wonderful month it's been my sweet girl. 

Happy 8 months!

Love Mum xx








In case you missed it: Seven Months

Comments

Popular Posts