Letter to Phoebe- Two Months


Dear sweet girl, 

Tomorrow you will be two months old. In this last month it's plain to see how much you've grown. Not only in size but also, and perhaps most excitingly, in personality. You have been giving us the most delightful and sweet smiles, especially upon waking. You've also started "chatting," making happy coos and moving about as if you're so excited to be in our family and experience the world. Just like Leo, you brighten the dullest days. It has been particularly lovely watching you win your Daddy's heart and see his eyes light up as he holds you.

While your brother can sometimes be a little intense with his affection, I've no doubt that he loves you. How can I tell? Well, one morning recently I had put you down to sleep in his room while he and I went and played outside. About 20 minutes later you woke up crying. Leo was startled but didn't waste any time running back inside to check on you. He was quicker than me! I loved seeing the concern he held for you, his little sister.

Another time your brother showed his love was when we went to the doctors for your six week needles. You cried but Leo didn't hesitate to offer you a kiss and a cuddle as a way of comforting you in your pain. It makes me smile that every morning he greets you with a bright, smiling, "Hello Bebe." I just know the two of you will be mischief makers together in the years to come. 

This past month also marked our return to church and your Baptism. What a beautiful season. Again I have been left humbled and in awe of our Heavenly Father and His great love. That He should see fit to entrust you and Leo to your Daddy and my care, is the most wonderful blessing we could ever receive. But of course, it comes with the great charge to do all that we can to bring you up in the faith, and it is one I pray we can live up to.

Some other little things about you at two months:
  • You have a faint little mole on the back of your neck. While I was surprised to find it, I think it's rather cute.
  • You finally enjoy having a bath, hooray! I knew you would eventually.
  • You have more clothes than me (no lie) and have already taken over the cupboard you share with your brother. I think you're set for clothes this year after all the gifts and hand-me-downs.
  • You don't like the dummy. While it's hardly newsworthy, I see it as another reminder that you're your own little person with your own little preferences.
  • While I wouldn't say you're 'sleeping through,' you are a good sleeper at night and during the day, you self-soothe better than your brother ever did. 
I'm sorry to keep mentioning your brother but I can't help remembering what he was like at your age. Neither of you are proving to be easier or more difficult than the other. I think you're both amazing and it is my absolute honour and delight to be your mum. 

You are so very loved, baby girl.

Happy Two Months!

Love Mum xx 




Comments

Popular Posts