Lately


I know, I know. I've been neglecting this space. It's not been my intention I assure you. I'm just finding it dang near impossible to have the time to sit here and write. My head is exploding with stories and ideas to share but there's two little people who need me more and then there's sleep or a shower, both precious commodities, oh, and a husband too. Let's not even mention the dishes or the washing.

Yes, my days are busy and sometimes they can feel endless. I barely sit down and I'm needed again. When I'm not feeding, burping or rocking Phoebe to sleep (like I am now), I'm chasing after Leo who's chasing after the cat.

One of these days I'll find more than a 5 minute window to sit and write at length but I don't anticipate it happening any time soon. At the moment it's all I can do to get a weekly portrait in.

But just look at them. Aren't they the sweetest?

iPhone photo by my lovely sister-in-law who visited this week

Something magical happens when I look at them. If you were to ask how my week went, I'd tell you it was great! But really, it's because they play tricks on me. When I look at them I can't remember all the tears, tantrums and broken sleep and when you can't remember those things, despite them being a daily -sometimes hourly- occurrence, of course you'd think your week was wonderful.

And I suppose really, it kind of was.

Gah! There they go again with their cute baby sorcery!

Comments

Popular Posts