Taking Stock


A short writing exercise, care of Pip from Meet me at Mike's, to help slow down and see where I'm at. 

Making: Berry Smoothies (currently Leo and my go-to morning tea).
Cooking: Gnocchi with Summer Vegetables (or at least I will be later).
Drinking: tea (white with one, thanks). 
Reading: Anne of Windy Willows by L.M Montgomery.
Wanting: the dishes to do themselves.
Looking: forward to so many things (my birthday, Christmas, Littlest's arrival). 
Playing: The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King soundtrack.

Deciding: how we can best use the leftover eggplant (suggestions, anyone?)
Wishing: I could bottle the bitter sweet delight that is the twilight of our season as a family of three.
Enjoying: some downtime while Leo naps.
Waiting: for Littlest.
Liking: the easy day I've had today.
Wondering: if I'll deliver late again.
Loving: that very soon there'll be a tiny person in the house again. 
Pondering: what it will feel like to have two babes sleeping next to me.
Considering: if I should go for a walk...
Buying: nothing for myself, while others do (I love birthdays). 
Watching: Joel and I saw The Martian on a recent (and rare) date. Excellent.

Hoping: to get lots done this week. 
Marvelling: at every kick and roll I can feel.
Cringing: at some people's need for 15 minutes of fame.
Needing: to cull some dresses (again).
Questioning: whether a day of water play constitutes a bath...
Smelling: Leo's sweaty curls.

Wearing: my 'home-day uniform' (shorts and a tee)
Following: History Photographed on Instagram. (Loved this one
Noticing: that there's less than 12 weeks left in 2015!

Knowing: I have no where to be but home with my guys (the best!)
Thinking: I should make a start on dinner soon. 
Admiring: The love of a special family who saw their eldest daughter married last Saturday.
Sorting: Washing (always).
Getting: My hospital bag ready (early I know, but I've had a sudden urge to pack). 
Bookmarking: Simple Matters (to be released January 12).
Coveting: this bag
Disliking: the two new bumps on Leo's forehead. 
Opening: Birthday presents early (Thanks Mum and Dad!)
Giggling: over this.
Feeling: content.
Snacking: On Sao's with vegemite and cheese.
Helping: with wedding preparations for a dear sister-in-law.
Hearing: the birds sing.

Comments

Popular Posts