Letter to Phoebe- Twelve Months


Dear Phoebe,

Today you are one! I can hardly believe it!

This past year has been full to overflowing with joy because of you and what you have brought to our family. None of us can imagine life without you. We all listen out for your coos in the morning and the three of us will often end up piling into your room to say Hello. We are head over heels in love with you! I've noticed that Leo simply can't stand it when you sleep in for too long. There's just too much fun to be had!

I'm not exaggerating at all when I say that you make us smile every day with your cheeky antics. Whether it's tearing up papers left laying about, lying prostrate on the floor for some unknown reason, opening and rummaging through every drawer, or running (as best you can) after your big brother; you constantly remind us that you are your own person. Between you and Leo I am run off my feet most days but I go to bed with the words from Psalm 116 on my heart, "What shall I render to the Lord for all that he has done for me?" This is how I feel every time I look at you, your brother and your Dad. Life with you three is wonderful. I am truly blessed.

Although it is a little bittersweet to be celebrating this milestone, I am excited for the adventures that await us as we enter your second year. May you enjoy all the festivities surrounding your birthday as family and close friends join with us to celebrate and may you continue to grow peacefully, secure in the love we all have for you.

Happy First Birthday, Sweet Girl.

All the love,
Mum xx 






Comments

Popular Posts